The hospital was completed in 1890 and remained as a hospital until 2000.
After lying derelict, it was repaired and refurbished for its current use as part of the Unison Centre.
The building’s foundations were subsiding on the London clay and as a result of this and the heavy traffic on the Euston Road, the Victorian bay windows were beyond repair and needed to be deconstructed and rebuilt.
Bulmer were commissioned to refurbish the original material and supply new where necessary. Bulmer refurbished 60% of the original material for re-use and hand cut the new arch blocks required.