Arch Construction Animation

Fully bonded structural arch with hidden stainless steel lintels

Reinforced Brick Cladding

SAFESECURE®  Secure retention of facing bricks in all situations.

Sign Up To Our Bulletin

A new development project to the south of the existing building will transform Tate Modern.

This 11 storey pyramidal stack is surprisingly a glass clad building with a brick façade supported on a metal exoskeleton 200mm from the glass cladding.

Special bricks are needed to lock onto the exoskeleton and to allow light through the brick skin. Of the 330,000 special blocks required, it was not cost effective on 10,000 blocks to extrude the perforations at the factory. Bulmer have been retained to drill 25,000 holes in these 10,000 blocks, check, label, pack, wrap and deliver to site as work proceeds.

 

Featured Clients

Granary Wharf Chelsea

This prestigious development in Lots Road, Chelsea features structural segmental brick arch lintels supplied with calculations to meet building control regulations.

Bromley Road, London

Bromley Road is a residential block for which Bulmer produced 36 brick clad hanging soffit hidden stainless steel lintels to balconies and openings, several thousand plain cuts, pistol stretchers and cut & bonded external angles.

Lee Marley Brickwork received the Specialist Brickwork Contractor of the Year in the 2014 Brick Awards for projects including Bromley Road and Bekynton Field.

St Pancras Station

brick archesWest Elevation arches were set out & hand cut at Bulmer's workshops. The project won 4 titles and high praise from Judges at the 2006 Brick Awards. The Renaissance Hotel was completed in 2010 in similar style and quality.

Jafar Hall, Eton College

This award winning project features conservation grade brickwork as well as stonework features and more than 80 brick arches for which Bulmer Brick Cutting produced 28 of the more complicated arches.

Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital

The hospital was completed in 1890 and remained as a hospital until 2000.

After lying derelict, it was repaired and refurbished for its current use as part of the Unison Centre.